EDK 4.2.0.0 (Rubicon 1.3)

EDK releases + Open discussion and chat about EDK.
Salvoxia
Developer

EDK 4.2.0.0 (Rubicon 1.3)

Post by Salvoxia » Sat Apr 19, 2014 21:06

\o

it's there, finally: EDK 4.2.0.0, formerly known as EDK 4.0.8.0 during development.
This update is the biggest one for quite some time!
Please read this post carefully before updating your killboard!
If you have any issues with updating please see the "Known Issues" section at the bottom of this post.

The main feature list for this release is:
  • Support of kill posting via CREST link
  • Support for all hangar locations for dropped/destroyed items
  • Use CCP KillMail API instead of old KillLog API
  • Kill Details: support for charges in low slots

Many changes have happened "under the hood", especially accompanying the support for special slot locations, such as fuel bays and fleet hangars.
These changes require the slot locations for all items in all kills in your database to be updated. This is done by the auto updater and will require some time (up to 20min), depending on the size of your database.
The update pages will reload very often, sometimes you won't see any difference in the displayed text. That is intended behavior.
Therefore, it is imperative that you CREATE A COMPLETE DATABASE BACKUP to avoid getting stuck with an inconsistent database state if anything should go wrong during the conversion.
It is advisable to deactivate caching before applying the update.
If you encounter "strange" Slot names in the kill detail view after the update, purge your cache!

CREST-Link
EDK 4.2.0.0 supports posting kills using a CREST link.
This is a link to the kill representation using the CREST API CCP is developing. It can be obtained similar to the text killmail, by opening the menu in the upper left corner of an ingame kill report and simply clicking "copy external link":
crest_link.jpg
Copy CREST link
crest_link.jpg (17.77 KiB) Viewed 11610 times
This will copy the CREST link, so you can simply paste it like the old text killmail.
The huge advantage of CREST kills is, that this kill representation contains the same information as the API, but you don't need anyone's API key to access it. Kills will be accurate, cannot be faked, but be manually posted by anyone with access to the ingame kill report. That means you can manually post API verified kills, which is "the best of both worlds" (manually posting = instant reward, API import = accurate kill information).
Manual posting is still supported, but we strongly advise all killboard admins to disable it (ACP -> Posting Options). You can set different posting passwords for text killmail posting and CREST killmail posting. The default setting when upgrading is CREST kill posting enabled with no password required (you cannot fake mails, so no risk there).

Important: If you are using a custom theme you will not see the input elements for posting a CREST link. You have to update the file tempaltes/post.tpl in your theme's folder.

Regarding mods
Some mods have become obsolete, because EDK core now includes that functionality, some mods require updates to work properly.

Obsolete:
  • API Kill Mails mods for API importing, so if you have been using this mod, you should deactivate it. If you don't it doesn't hurt either.
  • SMA contents for carriers etc by two step. This package of core file modifications is no longer needed. If you used this mod before, the modified files will be overwritten by the update. Kills posted with this mod will be converted correctly. So no need to do anything :)
Need update:
  • The famous Ship Display Tool requires an update to version 4.0. This update is maintained by Darismel Abishai and can be downloaded/discussed here.
  • The Cyno/cloak mod no longer works properly. I will provide an update in the OP of the mod's original thread

The rest
Many little and average bugs have been fixed.
Overall stability when fetching kills via IDFeed or API has been improved, so the whole process doesn't simply stop working if it can't post a single kill.
Items missing from the database no longer stop kills from being posted.

Database
Due to changes in the structure of internal database tables, standalone database updates prior to this version don't work with this codebase. If you have been using standalone database updates instead of code updates (and auto DB updater) be sure to download the correct version in the future, as I will continue to provide standalone DB updates for < EDK4.2 for a bit.

Acknowledgements
Special thanks go to Darismel Abishai and BANDZIOR who have been particularly helpful with testing the release candidate.

If you encounter any problems with the upgrade (I'm afraid some of you will), please report them in this thread.

Download:
Full Install Package 4.2.0.0: Download (please check MD5: 1C50B2046E96AF748BD543B8571057B4)
Update 4.0.7.1 - 4.2.0.0: Download (please check MD5: 7B0CBCAB18CC1993C15B4237AE42FAD9)

Release Notes:
Features:
  • Support of kill posting via CREST link
  • Support for all hangar locations for dropped/destroyed items
  • Use CCP KillMail API instead of old KillLog API
  • Kill Details: support for charges in low slots
Bugfixes:
  • Updated file verification with correct checksums
  • Fixed typ
  • in cron_clearup
  • Keep https scheme on update redirections
  • Updated API Base URL in installer
  • Handling of item locations from old feeds
  • Adding of NPC Corps failed in some environments
  • Make API key handling more robust
  • Parser NullPointer and translation of old mails
  • Graceful error handling for unknown involved ships in parser
  • Correct detection of installed https wrapper
  • Wrong count for KillLists for more than one Killboard Owner
Other:
  • Includes CCPDB for Rubicon 1.3 (Mar 10, 2014)
  • Lineendings of all code files harmonized t
  • unix style
  • Autoupdater enhancement:
    • Check file permissions before update,
    • Check file permissions for files to delete[/b]
    • Updated PHEAL to version 0.1.15

Installation Instructions:
Requirements
- Webserver (e.g. Apache)
- PHP 5.2+ (5.3.7+ recommended)
- MySQL 5.0+
- GD 2 or higher (default on most hosts)
- PHP MySQLi extension (default on most hosts)
- PHP XML extension (default on most hosts)
- PHP openssl extension (default on most hosts, required for API use)
- PHP Safe Mode off. (highly recommended)

New Installations
- Upload the whole package to a webhost
- Point your webbrowser to /install inside the EDK directory
- Follow the instructions
- Delete the install folder after installation
- If no pilot images are displayed check that the server has write permission to the cache folder.

Manual upgrade
- Backup the existing database and files
- Remove or rename all files in the killboard folder other than [kbfolder]/kbconfig.php
- Upload the new package to the killboard folder
- Remove install folder
- Move your mods back from the backup to the mods folder.

Update from 4.0.7.1:

Auto Updater
- Enter the admin control panel
- Select the option "Upgrade" from the menu on the right
- If the code update to Version 4.2.0.0 doesn't show up in the list, select the link at the bottom saying "retrieve update description file now"
- Click "Download"
- Click "Apply"
- Database update process starts, takes some time!
- DONE \o/

Manual upgrade
- Download the Update 4.0.7.1 - 4.2.0.0 (see above)
- Upload the contents of the update package to your webhost
- DONE

Known issues

Unfortunately, there's already a known issue for this release (thanks to Darismel Abishai):

In some environments, the auto-reload of the update scripts may redirect to something like http://yourhost/kb/update/' (including the single quote at the end).
If you know your way around diff sets, see this patch on github.
If not, here's the manual workaround: open update/031/update.php, find the following code (around line 434)

Code: Select all

function updateCCPDB()
{
	global $smarty;
and replace it with

Code: Select all

function updateCCPDB()
{
	global $url, $smarty;
Do the same for update/032/update.php.

EFT and EVE Fitting export do not work properly.
This has been fixed with commit 48a5f2.

With the new API Call for kill importing log entries in the API Log are no longer generated
This has been fixed with commit df336f

Regards,
Salvoxia

anchorhead
Someday Author

Re: EDK 4.2.0.0 (Rubicon 1.3)

Post by anchorhead » Sat Apr 19, 2014 22:13

nice work :) i hope to have migration without trouble ^^

delakut
Greenhorn

Post by delakut » Sun Apr 20, 2014 06:37

No problems so far. The database conversion took about 10 minutes. I think that's ok.
Great work!

I forgot to post. The Most Expensive Mod (Version 1.8) by Sir Quentin is not working anymore.
Edit: My fault. I merged our two killboards to one a few days ago. The above mod can only handle a single killboard. That's the problem. It has nothing to do with the EDK update to 4.2.0.0.
Last edited by delakut on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

edp
Someday Author

Post by edp » Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:29

only problem I see is that the in the detailed killmail display, the fuel bay heading says "none". Contents display properly.

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:48

delakut wrote:No problems so far. The database conversion took about 10 minutes. I think that's ok.
Great work!

I forgot to post. The Most Expensive Mod (Version 1.8) by Sir Quentin is not working anymore.
Thanks for the feedback. I've been using this most expensive mod (becuase I like the layout better), which is still working. I will take a look at SirQuentin's mod later :)

edp wrote:only problem I see is that the in the detailed killmail display, the fuel bay heading says "none". Contents display properly.
Hi,

for kills posted prior to this update items might show up, which did not show before. With the missing support for fuel bays etc the killboard did import the contents of these bays, but not with a valid location ID (location ID 0 = Unknown). The items were not shown in the kill details. Now, these things are handled generically, so they do show up now, the original slot information is missing though. Item location 0 now translates to "Non". But if you post a kill containing items in special bays after the update, it should show up correctly.
All this applies only to killboards which have NOT used two step's modification package. Killboards which have been using it should still display the items in the correct locations.

Regards,
Salvoxia

edp
Someday Author

Post by edp » Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:51

aah, gotcha. thanks for the heads up!

anchorhead
Someday Author

Post by anchorhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 08:06

For me it's fine also.

Shark5060
Noob

Post by Shark5060 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49

Update and everything worked like a charm.

One thing tho, after reading that you support the new CCP Killog thingie, I tried to add my Characters via API and I always get "Bad Authentication" - is a different AccessMask as 256 required?

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Sun Apr 20, 2014 13:11

Hi,

no, there's no difference in access requirements between the KillLog and KillMails call. Does the rest of the API accessing features work? E.g. Showing Corp Ticker/Member in Corp Detail view? And if yes, is the key a character-specfic key (not for the whole account)?

Regards,
Salvoxia

Shark5060
Noob

Post by Shark5060 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 13:19

now that you mention it - nope..

cache/error.log:
PHP 2014-04-20 10:53:02 2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/09/76/lssharkn/.sub-killboard/common/includes/api/class.alliance.php on line 64

clean reinstall?

oh and the api keys are character specific keys

Return to “General Killboard Chat”