Some images missing

Help and support in getting the EVE-Dev Killboard to run on your site.
underwoodr
Apprentice

Re: Some images missing

Post by underwoodr » Sun May 07, 2017 19:12

Hi,
PHP version: 5.2.11
Not sure on OpenSSL, but I can try a support request to my provider.
What version should I be looking for?
Thanks

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Sun May 07, 2017 19:46

Okay, 5.2 is.. ancient :)
If you have other web software running on that webserver using PHP (forums, blog frameworks etc), that is not the latest version, you should go for at least PHP 5.5.x (for backward compatibility), otherwise I suggest going straight to PHP 7 (with cURL support).

OpenSSL should be at least v1.0.1.

While you're at it (and if that's a possibility), I also suggest getting Memcache or Redis for faster caching (PHP Extension required).

That will also make sure you'll be able to use EDK after the transition to ESI is finished, which will increase the minimum required PHP version to at least 5.4.

underwoodr
Apprentice

Post by underwoodr » Sun May 07, 2017 20:29

Ok thanks for the info, I shall send a copy of your post to my provider and tell them to sort it if possible :)
Thanks
Underwoodr

underwoodr
Apprentice

Post by underwoodr » Mon May 08, 2017 19:08

Hi there,
Provider has updated me to a new server that has PHP selector,
It is currently on PHP version: 5.5.38, as for the cURL version or OpenSSL, i have no idea.
But the images now seem to be working, so I shall leave it as is, IF it ain't broke etc.. ;)
I am still curious as to why all the portraits/alliance logos etc work using the old method but not the new one.
But I suppose nobody else had an ancient host like mine, that was probably waiting for the server to die before moving me

Return to “Support”