i suddenly got an error on my KB

Help and support in getting the EVE-Dev Killboard to run on your site.
SnakeTheBest
Apprentice

i suddenly got an error on my KB

Post by SnakeTheBest » Tue May 02, 2017 15:07

hi, i suddenly got a weird error today i did nothing, yesterday it was working just fine, and today whyen i check how is going i got this error:

Fatal error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [, long $code ]]) in /newkb/common/pheal/Pheal.php on line 239

i didnt updated or did anything yesterday, so maybe the site was hacked or something ??

not sure what happened.

any ideas ?

Salvoxia
Developer

Re: i suddenly got an error on my KB

Post by Salvoxia » Tue May 02, 2017 15:55

Hi,

I remember having received this error once (while developing I think?).
The error suggests that you are using a PHP version < 5.3. Is it possible someone/thing changed the PHP version on your web server behind your back?

Best Regards,
Salvoxia

Edit: Update on that: Seems CCP is having a bit of a problem with the XML API, it seems to be adding random (?) stuff after the XML response, causing the XML parser to fail. You never before saw that error because the XML api always returned a valid result. CCP is working on the problem.

SnakeTheBest
Apprentice

Post by SnakeTheBest » Wed May 03, 2017 01:45

so maybe i have to fix the DB if its the case of some crap returned from the xml ? the error was got overnight

my host is running this..

Versión Apache 2.2.31
Versión PHP 5.4.45
Versión MySQL 5.5.51-38.2

but it was working perfect yesterday and today that error and all day passed and still same =(

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Wed May 03, 2017 07:28

Hi,

it's got nothing to do with your database, it's CCP's API.
While I don't completely understand why that error is thrown with PHP 5.4, you sure could do a quickfix by changing line 239 in common/pheal/Pheal.php to

Code: Select all

throw new PhealException('Original exception: ' . $e->getMessage(), $e->getCode());

SnakeTheBest
Apprentice

Post by SnakeTheBest » Wed May 03, 2017 16:43

well i did the change and is working now, i also wonder what happened in there, the error was happening in all kb pages basically i couldnt enter to the kb.

thanks for the help bud.

also i will send you a PM shortly

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Wed May 03, 2017 17:15

Many killboard pages trigger API requests, i.e. corp details for fetching the corp ticker, member count, description etc.
When that problem with the XML API occurred at CCP, many (if not all) API replies were no longer parsable, thus an error got thrown.

You never before saw that particular error, because it only occurs if the API returns invalid data, which it never before did. Why that fatal error occurred at all, I'm still not sure, since your PHP version should support the way that exception was thrown..

Return to “Support”