[EDK4]: Ship Display Tool v3.5 - Updated: 03/06/2014

Discuss/Upload mods to the EVE-Dev Killboard.
Sparky41
Junior Expert

[EDK4]: Ship Display Tool v3.5 - Updated: 03/06/2014

Post by Sparky41 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 22:31

Hello guys and gals,

Just to introduce myself, My name is Chris (aka Spark's), I've been programming in php for along time, been playing eve for 2 years. I have a passion for both so therefore have created this new mod for the killboards. I call it the Ship Display Tool. In a nut shell it displays the stats of the ship killed. I'm kind of nervous about this, i don't know how this will be received.

Image to ship tool:

Special thanks to Hans Glockenspiel (In-Game name) for helping out. Salvoxia for being a long term supporter and everyone else who contributed.

Current issues:
The Stats may not be 100% correct but maybe corrected so please contact me, my aim is to make sure that these stats are correct.
Cap Stable number or Cap time left numbers are incorrect. I can't figure out the formula's for them so if yous guys can help here please that would be great.

Any issues with the Display tool Please send Spark's in Game EvE Mail or go to the eve-dev forum to post here. Please provide as much information as you can regarding the error. A link to the killmail would be great as well.

You can now download a panel background for each race. Link below

Change Log: (Updated: 03/06/2014 - 09:53GMT)
3.5: Major code improvements. Performance boost. Fix for the new version of the killboard. Assorted fixes scattered across all ships
3.0: Asorted fixes across all ships. Complete overhaul of the stat system. Clean up of the code.
2.9: Fixed Stealth bomber Powergrid issues. Fixed Acillary Shield bosters. Made ship images feed from Eve-online.
2.8: Fixed inferno modules and sorted new covert ops ships background positions
2.7: Some more fixes, especially to background colours. Now editable to match your background
2.6: Assorted fixes to CPU and power grid
2.5: New look simular to in game, better performance, CPU, Powergrid, Calibration, Final blow, Top damage, API verification, Turret and Missile added.
2.1: Fixed noob ships. Fixed display none base root sites. Again Chimeria Fixed. Classified Systems fixed. Damage 0 fixed. Images now use built in EDK4 OO Item to get image data. Simple URL with Ship mod Fixed.
2.0: No longer needs module images, gets them from Killboard. Works with EDK4. Added new ships to list - EDK4
1.7: Fixing MWD and Bubble scripts
1.6: Cap injector fix
1.5: Minor Fixes
1.4: Fixed slot issue
1.3: Improved load performance again. Rework of code functionality. Page load much better than before. Changed the layout. Fixed ship positions. Fixed DPS on some ships. Added Super cap/Carrier/Dread drone counts with Drone Control link fix. Tweaks to the Tech III ships
1.2: Improved load performance
1.1: MWD stats fixed again
1.0: Add system colours. Fixed minior bugs
0.99: Added MWD icon. Added Region name on the kill display. Added new tags
0.98: Support for the new incursion ships
0.95: Fixed ship ID issue and realigned images
0.93: Fixed issue with Marauders
0.92: Fixed Citadel cruise launchers bug
0.9: Added admin support - Now you can pick your background
0.75: Fixed % Bug on ships involved
0.73: Added Structure tank support
0.72: Fixed Drones displaying more than 5. Fixed portraits. Fixed some of the ship images
0.71: Added Chimeria and Hel images
0.7: Better support against errors. Added Missing mod slots. Minor fixes
0.6: Better support for structures
0.55: Fixed Tech III propulsion and engineering sub systems. Minor Rework to Smart bombs and to Cap Batteries. Fixed Tech III ship images
0.51: Added Smart bomb support. Fixed info screen
0.5: Displays Stats, icons and ship image with pilot stats

OUTDATED
Installing mod tool:
1. Simply extract the contents to your desktop
2. Upload the mods folder to your killboard directory (make sure the Mod folder is called ship_display_tool, github will default the name to something else)
3. Activate the module in your Admin section

Or GitHub

Please use
In favour or managing the code better please get your downloads from GitHub: Get Mod Here v3.5 for EDK4 then click Download Zip on the right hand side or within the mods folder (command line) git clone git@github.com:chrissheppard41/ship_display_tool.git ship_display_tool/ then switch to the eve42 branch git checkout eve42
Please use

Recommended: PHP5.5 but will work on 5.3, best try it for yourself and report in the bugs
Last edited by Sparky41 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 17:49, edited 61 times in total.
Ship Display Tool v3.5: Here

mastergamer
Lead Moderator

Re: MOD: Ship Display Tool v0.5

Post by mastergamer » Sat Jun 26, 2010 23:12

There's a few formulas floating around regarding cap recharge stuff. Check this thread.

Will try this out in the morning.

Edit: What skills are you using to calculate the stuff? All 5?

Sparky41
Junior Expert

Post by Sparky41 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 23:22

Hello,

As a base it's all Level 5 skills, i thought that would be best.

I have read this thread you posted, and couldn't make heads or tales of it but from what i gathered i think thats average recharge rate which is this formula:
(Cap Amount/ Cap Recharge)*2.5 = Average recharge rate. I could be wrong and maybe the answer is in there but if any of yous guys see it there please shout

Kovell
Veteran

Post by Kovell » Sun Jun 27, 2010 05:13

That's the peak cap recharge rate, not the average. This is what you want to check if a fit is cap stable. You could go further and check if point cap usage could skip over peak regen. There's a lot more work involved there, though. If a fit is not cap stable you can either just use cap use minus average cap regen and ignore the actual curve. This will be close enough for high cap use setups. You could use the formula given and calculate cap use - regen at, say, every 1% to work out how long that 1% lasts then add up the 100 points for a total. You could work out formula - rate and solve that. Or you could go all out and iterate through from time 0, calculating regen rate and subtracting cap at every module activation until cap reaches 0.

I think most of the time a ship setup will either be cap stable or completely unstable, so either peak regen is enough or time to use up cap ignoring regen is enough.

Average recharge rate = total cap / cap regen time
Peak recharge rate ~ Average recharge rate * 2.5
Point recharge rate ~ Average recharge rate * max(0.01, (5 * sqrt ( (1- current cap%)^2-(1 - current cap%)^4) ) )

There's disagreement about the exact formula but they're all roughly the same and that one is commonly used.

grekom
Noob

Post by grekom » Sun Jun 27, 2010 09:30

It's working : http://www.dserv.hu/grekom/kb/?a=kill_d ... l_id=36566
PM: the mod must be in: mods/ship_tool_kb

Seahorse
Apprentice

Post by Seahorse » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33

Very nice.

I have very crudely adjusted the panelbackground.png to Blue, as the current brown one clashes with my blue kb theme. This is a very crap change and probably requires the assistance of a Photochop god...
panelBackground.png
panelBackground.png (251.78 KiB) Viewed 25574 times
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Rgds
Mike

Sparky41
Junior Expert

Post by Sparky41 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 14:05

Seahorse:

Try this caldari background. might be better suited for your website

Edit: Put this file over the one located in ship_tool_kb/images

Kovell:

Ahh ok, i had a look at it this morning, i couldn't get it to output a acceptable answer. I'll keep looking into it. I might take a look into his spreadsheet, that might help, but from what i gather i think it outputs at what % the cap will hold at. Which i don't think is totally correct as it doesn't factor in cap injectors. These things are set to try us.

This is what i've got at the minute:

Quoting from you:
Point recharge rate ~ Average recharge rate * max(0.01, (5 * sqrt ( (1- current cap%)^2-(1 - current cap%)^4) ) )
(php)
current cap = 50 (just a round number to test it)
(($capAmount/$capRecharge) * max(0.01, (5 *sqrt ((1- 50)^2-(1 - 50)^4))))

I also tried .50 (because of the 1-). every time i tried it , regardless of what number i put in, gave me the same output. 6.8e-5 :(
Attachments
panelBackground.png
Caldari background
panelBackground.png (303.4 KiB) Viewed 25566 times

hobojoe
Greenhorn

Post by hobojoe » Sun Jun 27, 2010 16:23

A Suggestion if I may:

Would it not be better to use the built in functions to get the icons, rather than having a second copy of them within the mod?
Would be nice to have a settings page where you can choose from a set of backgrounds? 1 for each race maybe?

Very nice mod, would be interested to try and get that into a fitting panel... integrated into the killboard like http://eve-id.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=505&t=14798

Sparky41
Junior Expert

Post by Sparky41 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 17:03

i've fixed the info problem but before i submit, i had the idea of doing the setting.php file with the background images. How would i store the values?

Kovell
Veteran

Post by Kovell » Sun Jun 27, 2010 17:24

Sparky41 wrote:Quoting from you:
(php)
current cap = 50 (just a round number to test it)
(($capAmount/$capRecharge) * max(0.01, (5 *sqrt ((1- 50)^2-(1 - 50)^4))))

I also tried .50 (because of the 1-). every time i tried it , regardless of what number i put in, gave me the same output. 6.8e-5 :(
Max? I think I should have said min. That's there so that at zero cap you still regenerate.

Return to “Modding”