[EDK 4.2.1] Value Columns Mod

Discuss/Upload mods to the EVE-Dev Killboard.
anchorhead
Someday Author

Re: [EDK 4.0.3] Value Columns Mod

Post by anchorhead » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22

With old kills, value are not exactly good (value of this mod is not same that losse in kill details page), have you an idea for fix that ?

I think that all mod fetch value by "getISKLoss" function but original KB have a different function, we need to have a unique function for all no ?

DarkArchon
Someday Author

Post by DarkArchon » Sun May 04, 2014 22:40

Sorry, no idea :(

DarkArchon
Someday Author

Post by DarkArchon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 21:58

Updated this for Kronos Updates

EDK added a new option under templates to view loss value instead of ship type, for example...
http://i.imgur.com/kOxCrds.png
This is built in and really this mod is no longer necessary. Turn it on under Admin -> Appearance -> Front Page -> Show ISK loss: [ ] (Instead of ship type)

They did this by modifying the common/includes/class.killisttable.php and basically correctly implementing the old function I was using with a new one which returns "victimiskloss". I'm modified the mod to use this function instead of my own, so really you could use both of them at once. However, I still like having a separate column. There's a good chance this will make the values more accurate as well, I know there's been a few reports of incorrect values being displayed.

I've also changed the number of decimal places they show beside loss value to 0 (instead of 2) for millions and thousands, I really don't care about fractions of millions :P That's a personal preference, and if you wish to change it back search the class.killisttable.php file for the value_columns_mod tag and change "%.00f to "%.02f

Lastly, I'm not positive that the value column is working on battle summaries. I have another mod installed that I think is messing with it. It -should- be working, but I don't see it :/ If anyone cares about this and doesn't have other mods installed check it and let me know please and I'll look at it. Personally I only really care about the front page.

If someone does look at it and it's not working if you can send me a full page screenshot and the source code for the page it may help me track down the issue.

Thanks

Redhouse
Greenhorn

Re: [EDK 4.2.1] Value Columns Mod

Post by Redhouse » Sat Feb 20, 2016 06:31

Just wanted to say I continue to use this and manually hack it in on updates that change:
kill_related.php
class.killlisttable.php

Edit: I notice that this is now in the release as of 4.2.20 in a similar way to the original VCM.

I think could make template only edits to format it as I have now, but one issue is in class.killlisttable.php the value converted to thousands, millions or billions where I had standardized in millions only.

Also the release version passes a string rather than a float i think, I was using the magnitude of the loss to scale the text size in the tpl file.

Return to “Modding”