[EDK4] Combined Fleet Battles Mod (Updated 2017/06/05)

Discuss/Upload mods to the EVE-Dev Killboard.
PyroTech03
Someday Author

Re: [EDK4] Combined Fleet Battles Mod (NEW: BR Doc Feature!)

Post by PyroTech03 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:07

Clearing my cache fixed my error, and now I have another update! Thanks for your work :D

Zagdul
Greenhorn

Post by Zagdul » Tue Apr 03, 2012 08:15

You sir, are a hero amongst men.

Thank you.

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 08:43

except that there seems to be a slight problem with it on your killboard :?

€: please try adding and then removing again a pilot as killboard owner

PyroTech03
Someday Author

Post by PyroTech03 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 09:24

Salvoxia wrote:except that there seems to be a slight problem with it on your killboard :?

€: please try adding and then removing again a pilot as killboard owner
Mine? O_o

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 09:25

Zagdul's

PyroTech03
Someday Author

Post by PyroTech03 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 09:28

Oops. Didn't see his post.

Zagdul
Greenhorn

Post by Zagdul » Tue Apr 03, 2012 20:56

Salvoxia wrote:Zagdul's
I'm still having issues, I'm gonna sit with it today and see if I can figure out what it is.

Ours is heavily customized with a lot of templates we've specifically designed for our site. The best I can do is send you how I modified your mod in order to see how I'm applying classes. This may help you with future development as well. I understand, it's easy to do this with your site then release, but it's made it challenging for someone like me who's got a lot of work done to their site :)

(attached is the release you did last week?) I've modified it heavily to support our site and style sheets. Part of the issue I've had is that when I go to update your mod, I'm still having to do many edits.

In a bit, I'm going to implement my changes to your new release (with the br dr.) and allow for you to see the errors.
Attachments
fleet_battles_mod.zip
(30.88 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Salvoxia
Developer

Post by Salvoxia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 21:44

Well, i developed this mod not specifically for "my" killboard and simply released it, it was tested on a default EDK4.0.4 installation (with default theme ofc), there it works fine.
Of course i understand that it's a bit of a nightmware to modifiy such a custom-template-heavy mod so it works correct and looks even better on a special customized theme. I will take look at your modifications and see what i can do to get it more compatible out-of-the-box.

But i think i know the cause for the wall of warnings i saw when you had it live for a few minutes. It's due to a missing/defect entry in the config table that specifiys pilot owners for the board. This entry is present in the default installation of that table, so i assume in the code that it's there. This should be fixed by adding a pilot as owner and then delete it. That should fix the entry and get it to the right data format i expect in the code.
If you have already fixed that problem and are working on antoher one - sry, i havent said anything ;)

Gnaw
Greenhorn

Post by Gnaw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 22:02

Superb mod Salvoxia, thanks for all the hard work you put into make our battle reports purty.

Zagdul
Greenhorn

Post by Zagdul » Sun Apr 08, 2012 16:31

Salvoxia wrote:Well, i developed this mod not specifically for "my" killboard and simply released it, it was tested on a default EDK4.0.4 installation (with default theme ofc), there it works fine.
Of course i understand that it's a bit of a nightmware to modifiy such a custom-template-heavy mod so it works correct and looks even better on a special customized theme. I will take look at your modifications and see what i can do to get it more compatible out-of-the-box.

But i think i know the cause for the wall of warnings i saw when you had it live for a few minutes. It's due to a missing/defect entry in the config table that specifiys pilot owners for the board. This entry is present in the default installation of that table, so i assume in the code that it's there. This should be fixed by adding a pilot as owner and then delete it. That should fix the entry and get it to the right data format i expect in the code.
If you have already fixed that problem and are working on antoher one - sry, i havent said anything ;)
No, I haven't.

No time but when I get a few I'll sit down with it.

Return to “Modding”