First of all this a mod of the existing ship display mod rather than a stand alone mod.
I uploaded a first version for testing here: https://bitbucket.org/snitchashor/ship_ ... /downloads (Extract and rename folder to ship_display_tool)
I do like ship spinning (who deosn't ?), but... A few month back a corp mate told me the new rendering engine makes the ships look so beautiful he wants to invite them out for dinner, I was more like "Huh, did they change something?" It turned out i had the GFX set too low to even realize a difference. So I set them to max and really liked the new look, however given my PC is rather low end, undocking turned out to be a bad idea. Since I spend a good amount of time by looking at killboards (mostly ours/mine) I decided to implement CCPs webgl rendering engine to get the nice looks and the abily to spin ships when looking at killmails. I agree its a more or less useless feature but hey it kinda works...
Heres an example (wait a while for the ship image to change): https://brgf.de/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=37354
- 3D ship display of all currently available ships and deployables (Ascensiin) (Didn't try all though)
- Current Image as "loading" and fallback image
- Different Nebula for different races
- T3 Cruiser show actual layout based on susystems (see here: https://brgf.de/kb/index.php/kill_detail/37008/)
- Display mounted Turrets/Launchers (they even fire once in a while)
- Dreads and Marauder enter and exit Siege
- Turrets are turned off on Mobiles for performance reasons
- T3 Dessies switch modes
- Show Hardeners/Boosters/Repairers (optionally)
- Loading indicator
- Not exactly blazing fast
- Needs an additional Database Table (type2graphic ids) that need to be maintained
- Increased traffic on the client side (not your webserver, files are delivered via a CCP CDN)
- M$^$&*^%ft decided not to do a propper webgl implementation so on IE and Edge it doesnt look that nice
P.S.: I did all the style work using Vecati's EVE+ Theme, if the result does not look good for your theme, try replacing the mods Stylesheet with this one: Latest update 02/05/16:
- Added support for Ascension ressources
- Database reworked
! This one needs a database update, to be done in the mod settings, Drop and reimport !
- Added support for Citadels ressources
- Minor fixes
Last but not least a few credits:
Chris Sheppard and Salvoxia for the original mod
DB conversions were done using Fuzzy Steves static dump.
CCP for the webgl project.
CPPC Tamber and CCP fillipppavlov for a lot of help.