Installer dislikes MariaDB 10

Please report bugs here, please be very detailed in your bug reports. If you've come up with some code to fix the bug, please post it here.
Rav
Noob

Installer dislikes MariaDB 10

Post by Rav » Fri Mar 01, 2013 13:59

MariaDB changed their versioning scheme to differ from the equivalent MySQL release (because MariaDB 10 will not always be a strict feature superset of MySQL 5.6).
The EDK installer dislikes this and won't install, although EDK will run just fine with MariaDB 10.0.1. A temporary workaround is to hack install_step3.php but a true solution would be preferred.

idun
Developer

Re: Installer dislikes MariaDB 10

Post by idun » Fri Mar 15, 2013 14:34

We'd have to formally support the db, which would mean formally supporting other DBs, which in itself would require changing all the db access code to abstract away the sql language. A lot of work, but something that I'd eventually like to do...

I realize it's subset of mysql, but still we'd need to abstract away the sql syntax from the code and find an access layer in a php library. For now, yeah just hack away at install_step3.

Rav
Noob

Re: Installer dislikes MariaDB 10

Post by Rav » Sat Apr 06, 2013 20:41

idun wrote:We'd have to formally support the db, which would mean formally supporting other DBs, which in itself would require changing all the db access code to abstract away the sql language.
That is of course a much wider scope. I was thinking more along the line of supporting the most popular MySQL fork (if we consider Percona just a patch), which is still being developed as a drop-in replacement for standard MySQL. Given that the minimum requirement for EDK is 5.0 (and not 5.6) it's little more than acknowledging its existence, no need to abstract away SQL.

Return to “Bug Reporting”