Alliance Details Show Corporations Not In The Alliance

Please report bugs here, please be very detailed in your bug reports. If you've come up with some code to fix the bug, please post it here.
Andrew Gunn
Greenhorn

Alliance Details Show Corporations Not In The Alliance

Post by Andrew Gunn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 01:27

Example of bug on Maelstrom Alliance killboard

If a killmail is posted with pilots from multiple alliances (or some not in alliances), all corporations listed in the killmail get counted as being in the alliance of the pilot that had the final blow.

If you notice the Maelstrom Alliance killboard that I linked to lists corporations from FIX and several NPC corporations as being in the "top killers" list for Maelstrom.

Andrew Gunn
Greenhorn

Post by Andrew Gunn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 03:07

I'd like to also note that this bug apparently applys to the individuals aswell, as shown here, where is lists the pilot MEP3ABEC as being in IAC, when in fact he is in a different alliance.

exi
Administrator

Post by exi » Sun Oct 15, 2006 04:43

I've looked over this... it looks like this is by design.
The Killboard assumes that the kill would'nt have happened if the people involved hadn't been there so they are also thrown out by the query.
The query for Top Corp Killers gets ALL corps from killmails where the alliance of the killboard holder has been involved.
Usually this should affect all corps.
For that particular table i'd suggest to filter the output and only show corps which are in that alliance since this seems to look confusing.

I'd bet that that MEP3ABEC-issue is something similar.

bond
Noob

Post by bond » Mon Oct 30, 2006 23:10

Hi, my first post here, so have to congratulate Andrew for the forum and all that contribute in the code and of course Rigor for releasing his work.

Now about this bug. Anyone found a solution? It's still bugged in the latest svn code, I downloaded.
Strange thing is that this bug did not appear in the killboard hosted on eve-killboard.net with the exact same database. So I assume there was some extra code (maybe rental?) that is missing and causes this problem.

Arthur Ffrub
Greenhorn

Post by Arthur Ffrub » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:44

It definately didn't happen on the eve-killboard.net hosted boards.

I'm going to try and adjusting the sql query of the TopCorpKillsList class in class.toplist.php unless anyone can tell me i'm barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers,
Arthur

liquidism
Greenhorn

Post by liquidism » Sat Nov 04, 2006 22:25

[quote="Arthur Ffrub"]It definately didn't happen on the eve-killboard.net hosted boards.

I'm going to try and adjusting the sql query of the TopCorpKillsList class in class.toplist.php unless anyone can tell me i'm barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers,
Arthur[/quote]

wrong, it DID happen
but you usually didnt see them because the limit was set to what? like 10?
and if an alliance keeps posting a few mails only alliance members will be in the top 10. but i watched this by myself at the start of the month with the ASCN killboard.

liquidism
Greenhorn

Post by liquidism » Sat Nov 04, 2006 22:28

took me some time to figure it out right but its something like this you have to put into your class.killlist.php

Code: Select all

if ( $this->invall_ ) {

$this->setSQLBottom( "WHERE crp_all_id = ".$this->invall_->getID()."  group by ind.ind_plt_id order by 1 desc
                            limit 500" );
	  }
	 else {
	 	  $this->setSQLBottom( "WHERE crp_id = ".$this->invcrp_->getID()."  group by ind.ind_plt_id order by 1 desc
                            limit 500" );
	 } 

Return to “Bug Reporting”